Wednesday, October 28, 2009

LA...the city of angels?

I am in a new city, I have a new job, I live in a new apartment (unfortunately, I still sleep on the floor :-)), I have a new roommate (who surpasses all expectations i could possibly have had for a roommate i never met before moving in...she is one of the sweetest and coolest people i have met in LA so far)...and i am trying to make new friends...wow that's a lot of novelty for a shy and reserved person like me. It's overwhelming, exciting, scary, tiring, did i mention overwhelming?, all at the same time...I don't know how permanent or temporary this life is...but i do know that i miss the Bay Area. I don't miss Stanford, I don't miss Palo Alto, but boy, do i miss the life and friends I had up there. The random hot chocolate/mocha from coupa cafe on campus, the bi-weekly swims followed by a cappucino and a nougati, the drives on page mill, the early breakfasts with TJ croissants to start the day well, the lunches at google, the late-afternoon-teas in Blackwelder, the weekly House sessions with my favorite roommies, the crepes parties, the special coffees, that and just the feeling that at any time of the day i could get into my tiny car and go meet someone i liked, someone i could just be silly Sylvie with. So, yeah, so far, I haven't found my angels here...

1 comment:

  1. Sylvie, you will find your angels soon. :). trust me. :). and thanks for the late afternoon tea at blackwelder mention. it meant a lot. thanks sylvie.

    See you on your birthday. and then later in New york.

    ReplyDelete