Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This is the end...

Yes, my India adventure has come to an end. It finished right where it started, back in Mumbai. I spent a few days with Aparna, walking around the streets of Bombay, taking a boat out to Elephant Caves, eating delicious pani puri (Shardul, you were missed at many occasions during this trip...I still haven't found a better Indian food guide...next time we need to coordinate better!), trying out sizzler's in Santa Cruz, and being used as a "landmark".

Now, i am back home, or at least I think, because honestly, The Shalimar apartment, Komal's singing and laughing, our cute guard, the daily animated auto rides, the climbs on top of the fridge to reset the fuses, the parading monkeys in front of the our living room window on the sixth floor, the arguments with the Fedex people about whether or not a wax pouch can be sent by post ("no, no, it's not a VACCINE, it is food-grade wax, i could eat it if i wanted to...no, it's not food either...argh, never mind") and the insults of the couch manufacturer for being "the most difficult customer he ever had"...they really started to make me feel at home in Bangalore! I miss it, i really do. Belgium is quiet, pale and cold in comparison (hmmm i wonder if this applies to me too)...so India, be aware, I will soon be back!

1 comment:

  1. hey hey,this is bad. :) I protest. You were there precisely for two days and one can only eat so much in two days. and so I could not take you to all the good eating places in Mumbai.
    And you did not eat pani puris.You ate chole bhature at elcos. you were too full to have pani puris after that. :)

    ReplyDelete